Unveil the intricacies of housing justice in this robust episode of A Radical Podcast. Host Jason Bayless dives deep into the controversial homeless “sweeps” in San Francisco, looks at global resistance to homelessness, and turns the spotlight on the Advisory Service for Squatters. From the courtrooms of Oakland to the self-governed encampments and beyond, this episode serves as a call to action against housing inequities.
This week’s topic was suggested by listener: Abolition666
🎧 Show Notes
- Host Jason Bayless welcomes listeners and outlines the episode’s key topics.
- Special shoutout to Abolition666 for suggesting today’s crucial subject.
➡Radical & Anarchist News
- A focus on San Francisco’s increasing homeless crisis and the controversial “sweeps.”
- Legal battles being fought to halt these sweeps.
➡Resistance Around the World
- An overview of homelessness on a global scale.
- Discussion on self-governed encampments and efforts to prevent them from being dismantled.
- Spotlight on POOR Magazine’s unique blend of activism and journalism.
➡ About A Radical Guide
- The episode zeroes in on the Advisory Service for Squatters, a collective offering daily advice and resources for squatters and the homeless.
- Importance of The Squatters Handbook and how you can support their work.
➡ Closing Remarks
- Acknowledgment and appreciation for organizations like POOR Magazine.
- A final word from Jason Bayless on why your involvement matters.
➡ Resources & References
- POOR Magazine: http://www.poormagazine.org/
- Advisory Service for Squatters: https://www.radical-guide.com/listing/advisory-service-for-squatters/