In this compelling episode of A Radical Podcast, we scrutinize the troubling escalation of state power and its implications on social justice. From the overreaching RICO charges against Atlanta’s “Stop Cop City” protesters to the urgent need for prison abolition, we’re painting a comprehensive picture of the systemic issues that fuel our cause. Tune in for a keen exploration of grassroots resistance, anarchism, and the real-world strategies that challenge oppressive structures.
- Brief overview of the episode’s focus: State power in the form of ‘Cop City’ in Atlanta and the prison industrial complex.
- Why this matters to you and society at large.
Anarchist & Radical News:
- Discussion of the ACLU articles highlighting the indictment of over 60 activists in Atlanta under Georgia’s RICO law.
- Analysis of how state instruments like RICO laws are wielded to suppress dissent.
Resistance Around the World:
- Shift focus to the topic of prison abolition.
- Discuss initiatives, movements, and the ideology behind the abolition of the prison industrial complex.
About A Radical Guide:
- An exploration into the work of the Anarchist Black Cross.
- How A Radical Guide serves as a resource for those interested in radical politics and activism.
- Ways for listeners to support:
- Adding locations to our interactive map of sites and events connected to resistance and radical history.
- Supporting us financially to keep the platform and its resources continually updated and accessible.
- Summary of the episode’s key takeaways.
- A call to action: How listeners can engage in resistance against oppressive state mechanisms.